Reply To: Interpretation – dream about dogs attacking my children

Home Community Dreams Interpretation Development Forum Interpretation – dream about dogs attacking my children Reply To: Interpretation – dream about dogs attacking my children

Susan
Participant

Because this dream was not connected to a specific incident,
I am going to interpret it in a general sense:

Dog –  PROVERBS 26:11 (AS A DOG RETURNETH TO HIS VOMIT, SO A FOOL RETURNETH TO HIS FOLLY)

2 PETER 2:22 (BUT IT IS HAPPENED UNTO THEM ACCORDING TO THE TRUE PROVERB, THE DOG has TURNED TO HIS OWN VOMIT AGAIN; AND THE SOW THAT WAS WASHED TO HER WALLOWING IN THE MIRE)

A dog, like a pig, symbolizes uncleanness or sexual sins or a backsliding spirit (returns to sin like a dog to its own vomit) after it has been delivered. Take note that a domestic dog, like a domestic pig, symbolizes a Christian that is backsliding. It does not speak of an unsaved person. Symbolically people who are symbolized by dogs return to things that they did before they were saved. These things usually fall in one of the following categories: Self-righteousness, immorality, laziness, blasphemous, violent aggressiveness, sins, etc.

DOG (BROWN) – DEUTERONOMY 23:18 (THOU SHALT NOT BRING THE HIRE OF A WHORE, OR THE PRICE OF A DOG, INTO
THE HOUSE OF THE LORD THY GOD FOR ANY VOW: FOR EVEN BOTH THESE ARE
ABOMINATION UNTO THE LORD THY GOD)

A brown dog symbolizes a person returning to uncleanness and/or sexual sin. It also symbolizes immorality and laziness.

DOG (WHITE) – PHILIPPIANS 3:2-3 (BEWARE OF DOGS, BEWARE OF EVIL WORKERS, BEWARE OF THE CONCISION. FOR WE ARE THE CIRCUMCISION, WHICH WORSHIP GOD IN THE SPIRIT, AND REJOICE IN CHRIST JESUS, AND HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN THE FLESH)

A white dog symbolizes a person who trusts in his own ability and own good works. They return to their own works and are usually self-righteous. Remember that dogs symbolize Christians that are backsliding. It does not speak of unsaved people.

DOG (BLACK) – PSALM 22:16 (FOR DOGS HAVE SURROUNDED ME)

PSALM 22:20 (DELIVER ME FROM THE SWORD, MY PRECIOUS LIFE FROM THE POWER OF THE DOG)

A black dog symbolizes a person who is unappreciative and blasphemous. Just like dogs, these people rip valuable things to pieces as if it has no value. Many people dream about a black dog in a swimming pool which symbolizes a person’s negative attitude towards the gifts of the Holy Spirit. People like these are very similar to the Pharisees who did not recognize Jesus Christ as the Son of God. To them, He was just a man and they did to him what dogs to valuable precious objects. Playing outside: Playing speaks of them not spiritually serious yet (understandable depending on how old they are). It also speaks of their “innocence” because of being young (in the Lord). A white dog coming: See definition above (This could be people like other children influencing your children to do wrong things). White represents people who pretend that something is holy and pure and good although it is actually sin and wrong. Michael climbing fence with you: It appears that Michael listened to your warnings and reprimands and spiritually he went to a safe place (a fence in this sense speaks of protection). Caleb surrounded by 3 dogs: One dog is white and the meaning was explained above. A black/brown dog speaks of a mixture of falling back into sexual sin or selfish ambitions or fleshly desires or striving (brown) and a dangerous anti-God attitude as per the definition above (black). His patting the dog speaks of him not being aware of the danger. In a sense, he was spiritually ignorant here (young in the Lord). The white lady there to get her dog: A white woman symbolizes the church or a specific congregation or a specific Christian group of people or even a specific person. This speaks of ignorance when it comes to certain spiritual aspects and this person repenting by removing what they caused in the first place. God gave you this dream so that you can warn your sons but also pray for them. They will be OK. No need for panic or fear. Just be cautious and do what you need to do. It is important to understand that it might all be about one specific situation and not a general reflection of their spiritual condition. (My 2 sons Michael and Caleb were playing outside. I saw a white dog loose coming (I prayed in the name of Jesus for help but the dog still came) and I told Michael to climb the fence with me so we would be safe. I looked over and I saw Caleb surrounded by 3 dogs including the white one. He was petting the multicolored brown/black dog on the nose and he wasn’t scared. A white lady said she was there to get her dog back.)

Just to recap, it all depends on the incident that triggered the dream, but, dreaming of dogs being a treat to us or to our children speaks of bad people somehow involved in our lives or their lives who are posing some kind of a threat. They may hurt us or our children if we fail to protect us or them against such people.