Interpretation: choosing clothes for daughter

Home Community Dreams Interpretation Development Forum Interpretation: choosing clothes for daughter

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Shiraza
      Participant

In this dream, I found myself in a large attic room with my daughter and my childhood friend. My childhood friend had his own small bedroom within the attic room. He was lying on the bed and his bedroom door was open.

Every now and then I looked into his bedroom to see if I could still see the woman he still lives with there, but there was no one else in his room. He got annoyed with me because I kept looking in his room, so he closed the door.

I was busy picking out clothes for me and my daughter but it didn’t work out that way. All my daughter’s clothes were in laundry baskets and I couldn’t find anything to make a good combination. Though my clothes room was elsewhere I could just look into it and for every combination, I wanted to make there was a person there who tried to find the garments together.

The only weird thing was that I could only see the person’s hands. This person suggested a blouse (warm autumn colors) from my mother but I didn’t want to wear it; I thought it was old-fashioned. My daughter held a towel in front of her and said at a certain moment: “Mommy, you have to hurry up”. I got angry and lashed out at her.

My childhood friend immediately emerged from his bedroom to defend my daughter. He didn’t say a word to me, but his attitude spoke volumes. And to make some kind of a statement, he very demonstratively walked past me a few. He thought my response was unjustified. This person suggested a blouse (warm autumn colors) from my mother but I didn’t want to wear it; thought it was old-fashioned.

My daughter held a towel in front of her and said at a certain moment: “Mommy, you have to hurry up”. I got angry and lashed out at her. My childhood friend immediately emerged from his bedroom to defend my daughter. He didn’t say a word to me, but his attitude spoke volumes. And to make some kind of a statement, he very demonstratively walked past me a few. He thought my response was unjustified.

This person suggested a blouse (warm autumn colors) from my mother but I didn’t want to wear it; thought it was old-fashioned. My daughter held a towel in front of her and said at a certain moment: “Mommy, you have to hurry up”. I got angry and lashed out at her.

My childhood friend immediately emerged from his bedroom to defend my daughter. He didn’t say a word to me, but his attitude spoke volumes. And to make some kind of a statement, he very demonstratively walked past me a few.

He thought my response was unjustified. My childhood friend immediately emerged from his bedroom to defend my daughter. He didn’t say a word to me, but his attitude spoke volumes. And to make some kind of a statement, he very demonstratively walked past me a few. He thought my response was unjustified. My childhood friend immediately emerged from his bedroom to defend my daughter.

He didn’t say a word to me, but his attitude spoke volumes. And to make some kind of a statement, he very demonstratively walked past me a few. He thought my response was unjustified.

Maybe it helps if I say that in the natural I am very neat and organized. I would never put our clothes in laundry baskets and leave them there

Daniel
      Participant

Hi Shiraza,

This dream is all about preparation for life or it can be preparation for a specific situation. The way we prepare ourselves for life determines our behavior and our attitude, or if the preparation is about a specific situation, it determines how we will deal with that situation. See “Clothes”
      It is interesting to observe that you are influencing your daughter by attempting to prepare her for life and, at the same time, somebody else is making suggestions on how you should prepare yourself. If this is about you and your daughter and the person in your dream (the one who is suggesting how you should prepare yourself for life), then this is an awkward situation. It can be negative as suggested by your daughter being frustrated with your taking so long.
      It is funny that you cannot see the person who is making suggestions to you. Who is the person? Or is it just a random person who is actually demonstrating to you how your daughter feels about you deciding how she should prepare for life? You were not happy with what this person suggested to you either. Looking back into your room with that person there helping you speaks of you looking back at your past and you probably also had somebody helping you with suggestions on how to prepare for life.
      The childhood friend is probably the same as the person who is suggesting to you how you should prepare yourself. Who he is is not important. It is important to understand that he was a friend. Somebody who you liked and cared about. Now this person who you believed in, is showing you that what you believed in, in the past, is probably not what you believe in now, that is why he did not agree with your attitude or behavior toward your daughter. He is very adamant that you are wrong. A past friend usually suggests you believe in something in the past that you do not believe in anymore (he is not a friend anymore. He was a friend in the past)
      So, if this dream is really about your daughter, it probably refers to an incident between the two of you that caused conflict, and your past views (represented by a past friend, suggest that you would probably agree with her in the past) Why not now? Probably because you have changed and you forgot how you prepared yourself for life when you were young.
      The fact that you used the clothes in the laundry basket suggests that you are allowing dirty clothes (the past probably) or (bad behavior and bad preparation of the past) to influence your suggestions on how your daughter should prepare for the future or life.
      The fact that you could not find anything to make a good combination with speaks of your daughter not in possession of the right or proper clothes yet (spiritual or natural preparation resources).
      You cannot suggest something that she does not have yet.
      However, you should be able to identify what this dream is all about. You probably know what triggered the dream. So if this is not about your daughter, let me know and then I will be able to interpret the dream a lot more successfully.

Basie Martins
      Keymaster

Good job Daniel! It is clear that you understand the symbols and that you understand how to apply the meanings to the symbols in dreams in the right context. There is just one area where interpreters have no control. We actually cannot do anything about it, and that is the fact that we do not know the triggers that cause people’s dreams. They know more than we do.

I see you did touch on this aspect by asking Shiraza if she thinks that the trigger was the situation with her daughter? If not, then this dream will have to be interrupted again. Let’s hope she answers your question. Again, well done!

Shiraza
      Participant

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for the interpretation. The dream is both about my daughter and I. Almost 6 months ago we relocated fron Holland to the Caribbean and the two of us are having it difficult to adapt. My daughter even more because she is born in Holland and up till now raised in Holland. She is finding it very difficult to find her place, so to say, here. I am constantly trying to help to my best abilities but still it remains tough! The basket with laundry consisted only of clean clothes and not dirty ones. My childhood friend has been actively involved into helping us with certain things. I will have to go through the dream again and compare the things I have written down with your interpretation. Again thank you so much Daniel!

Daniel
      Participant

I am glad I could be of help. Be blessed.

Sarah

Hi Shiraza,

I am Sarah, one of the Moderators. Before we finally conclude this dream interpretation, I just want to ask you a final question. Is this childhood friend still your friend and still helping out, or was the person in the dream a friend that you had in the past, and he is not a friend anymore?

You see this changes the meaning. “Still a friend”, and actively involved means that this friend may disagree with you in the future about the way you deal with your daughter in this regard (as explained by Daniel), and “used to be a friend” means that either this past friend won’t agree with the way you deal with her, her development or preparation for life.  However, this childhood friend may actually be just an “imaginary” friend. It is just a way God shows you that you used to be different in the past and the views you had when you were young are different from the way you deal with your daughter now. So, in this case, the friend actually represents your past “view” pertaining to this aspect or this situation. I just wanted to bring this to your attention.

Basie Martins
      Keymaster

This interpretation looks well thought through Daniel. Good job!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.