Interpretation – Climbing a Totem Pole

Home Community Dreams Interpretation Development Forum Interpretation – Climbing a Totem Pole

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Risa8
      Participant

I had a dream that I was climbing a wide wall and I received a revelation that it was a Totem Pole.  I slipped but I hung on. When I thought I had overcome all obstacles, I reached the top and stood up. Then a small alligator appeared. My husband appeared and distracted the alligator and I was able to reach my destiny.  The accomplishment made me feel good.

What does a Totem Pole represent? In real life, the church helped me do a thorough deliverance cleansing from generational curses so I don’t believe it’s a generational curse.

Risa8
      Participant

In case it helps, I meant to add, in real life, I’m an actress.

Totem Poles represent and commemorate ancestry, histories, people, or events.  So I wondered if the Totem pole represents the Hollywood industry.

Susan
      Participant

Hi Risa,
      I think you are right. The totem pole represents the history and customs and practices and influences of Hollywood. All these things became an obstacle to you. This also implies that it did not become a stumbling block but rather an obstacle. It could not hurt you spiritually but it did hold you back a bit. That is what obstacles do. It makes things hard for you and it slows you down. The fact that you slipped is an indication that you almost damaged your spiritual life but you did not. You hanged on. Spiritual deterioration almost became a reality but it was prevented.
      Whatever the challenges were, you did beat the challenges and the onslaughts on your spiritual life. The hang on, the reaching the top (victory) and the stood up indicated that you were successful in protecting your heart and your Christian values.
      A crocodile symbolizes a dangerously sly or divisive or shrewd person. These people are evil forces or evil powers and there are a lot of demonic activities at work in their lives. They are really powerful spiritual predators and should be considered dangerous. I assume an alligator represents the same thing, just not as strong as a crocodile.
      So, it may have been an evil spirit but it could also have been a bad person, whom the devil is using, within the movie industry.
      It was either your heavenly husband, Jesus Christ or your earthly husband who came to your rescue when this person or evil person attempted to hurt you spiritually.
      You were able to reach your destiny, which was to successfully fend off this attack on your life. The enemy attempted to use Hollywood and its people to hurt you spiritually but he could not succeed.
      Now the question is, did this happen already, or is this going to happen? If it did not happen yet, or if you are in the midst of the battle, God says that you must persevere. You will make it and He will be with you.

Basie Martins
      Keymaster

Hi Susan,

I think you nailed it. You are probably spot on, although it does depend on what incident triggered the dream. The incident can make the difference, for instance, whether it was all about a past event or whether it was God warning Risa of a future event.

I see you did not include the meaning of “wall” but only the totem pole. I think you should include the meaning of wall as well. The wall was the totem pole but according to the meaning of a wall (The negative meaning of a wall: A wall in dreams and visions speaks of an obstacle that needs to be overcome. It also speaks of restraint and/or restriction. The color, the size and other details of a wall in a dream or a vision will reveal more information about the relevant obstacles in a person’s life) the totem pole (…or what it represents) was the cause of obstacles and restrictions in Risa’s life. You did mention obstacles but for training purposes, the meaning of walls could have been mentioned. However, you did an awesome job with this interpretation. Well done!

Basie Martins
      Keymaster

Hi Risa,

To answer your question on whether it was about generational curses. As you suggested yourself, no, it has nothing to do with generational curses, but not for the reason that you mentioned though.

So although God promised mankind that He will repeal the law of generational curses through his prophet Jeremiah: Jeremiah 31:29-30 In those days people will no longer say, The parents have eaten sour grapes, and the children’s teeth are set on edge. Instead, everyone will die for their own sin; whoever eats sour grapes – their own teeth will be set on edge. This is what God promised in the days of Jeremiah and very soon after the promise, those days arrived…

God did declare that He has fulfilled this promise in the days of Ezekiel, but, people still believe in generational curses. Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Read the whole chapter of Ezekiel 18 and you will see that the promise made in the days of Jeremiah was indeed fulfilled in the days of Ezekiel. God was surprised that the Israelites were offended by this. See Ezekiel 18:19 Yet say ye, Why? doth not the son bear the iniquity of the father? When the son hath done that which is lawful and right, and hath kept all my statutes, and hath done them, he shall surely live. So just like today (people still believe in generational curses although that law was repealed in Biblical times) the Israelites also failed to stop believing in generational curses, which caused God to ask them why they still believe in it. “Have I not promised you that I will repeal this law”? is the question that He actually asked them in Ezekiel 18.

So even today, people still refer to Scriptures about generational curses which were recorded in the Bible before Jeremiah and Ezekiel and they ignore the Scriptures that came after those Scriptures that they so zealously use to support their false doctrines. They refer to old laws that were legally repealed by God and still apply them to people today. They don’t do that with other Scriptures like the one about “an eye for an eye, a hand for a hand and a tooth for a tooth” which was also repealed.

Risa8
      Participant

Thank you Susan and ASR Martin for your detailed replies.  All the details and elaborating really help me understand your reply.
      No I don’t believe this has happened in real life yet so it may be a warning dream from God.

I’m so grateful for your replies because it really puts my dream into perspective.    Yes I also thought that my husband in my dream represents the Lord Jesus or my natural life husband.

Thank you so much.

Basie Martins
      Keymaster

Hi Risa8,

It is a pleasure! I have seen a few of your dreams in the past and it is clear to me that you walk a close walk with Christ. No wonder He is in your dreams. Also, I can imagine that it is not always easy for you. Anyway, keep up with the good work and we pray for you. You are probably dealing with issues that most of us don’t have to.

Risa8
      Participant

Sincere thanks ASR Martin for your latest reply.  Yes you know who I am as we have emailed each other several times in the past and I have purchased your Dream Dictionary for my Kindle.
      This forum is such a blessing to us all. Thank you for allowing God to use you to bless us all with your anointed gift, mentorship and spiritual guidance.

Basie Martins
      Keymaster

To God be the glory.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.