Interpretation – Dream about train and barking dog

Home Community Dreams Interpretation Development Forum Interpretation – Dream about train and barking dog

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Smidge
      Participant

My daughter

I asked God about His promise to me from Isaiah 54:13-14 given when she was a teen. She is now 31.

She has been ill and out of fellowship for 5 years.

Dream

She and I are traveling on a train. She is in a pretty brown dress with a belt and bow. Pretty pattern on the dress. She is around 3 years old. I am holding her on my lap and she is holding a jar of oil. She is happy. I sense evil trying to come near. A voice says she has the key to something only she has. We are trying to get her there. I see a tank on the side of the road and think it’s protection. We are stopped she gets off my lap and is crying. Dream ends.

Second dream

My sister-in-law Christine is pushing her daughter Ashlyn in a stroller but I know it’s my daughter Amanda. I see a baby’s sad face and it disappears. I see a barking dog but it leaves. The child gets out of the stroller and runs to me and we hug.

I asked God after the dream why my sister-in-law and her daughter were in the dream.

Christine means follower of Christ

A few days later the thought comes to me that the reason Ashlyn is in the dream is she is turning 8.

Edith
      Participant

Hi Smidge,

This appears to be either an emotional restoration dream or an answer from God.

If it is an emotional restoration dream, it reveals your and probably your daughter’s emotions regarding the promises of God about her and her life and the lack of progress.

Traveling on a train, in this case, symbolizes the frustration about the fact that nothing changed or improved for quite a while. A train can not turn right or left. It can only stay on that track and it goes on forever.

Beautiful and pretty things in dreams speak of divine or spiritual excellence. It glorifies God. The jar of oil symbolizes the anointing of the Holy Spirit. This symbol in dreams and visions is usually confirming the anointing of God in a particular area of ministry. This is also a call for consecration and commitment in the particular person’s life so that the ministry or the anointing can be developed. Because such a person is consecrated and committed to God, he or she is a useful instrument in God’s hands.

The fact that the oil is in a jar and the jar closed and in her hands, speaks of her in the position to change her life. It is in her hands. She can act and arrange things in her life because God gave her the means. She is anointed, but, and the voice (who is God by the way) confirms that only she has the key to change her life. Only she can do something, nobody else. So although anointed, the anointing function until she applies it. This is the key that only she has. So nothing will change if she does not stand up and be counted.

The rest about the tank and being stopped and crying probably reveals how she feels about her situation. It feels to her that there is nothing that she can do to change her life. Crying in dreams symbolizes sadness or unhappiness. Some outside force stopped her in her tracks, but that is not true. She can change her life because not only is she anointed, but God also gave her the keys that she needs so that she can obtain victory in her life. There is a possibility that she just accepted her fate with this sickness, because, maybe, in a natural sense, there is absolutely nothing that she can do about it. Maybe she needs to be reminded that with God, nothing is impossible.

On your lap and then she got off your lap speaks of you caring for her but then, probably because of her age and she being an adult, you not able to care for her like you want to or did in the past. It is now out of your control.

The second dream is probably connected to the first one. It speaks of the emotional stages of the situation: being cared for, then being unhappy about the situation and it ends with her getting out of the stroller and becoming happy and able to share love again. So if this is an answer from God it indicates a happy ending, which means that she did reach a place of happiness again.  The getting out of the stroller willingly speaks of her taking up responsibilities and it could mean that she started using the keys that God gave her and that she unleashed the power and the anointing of the Holy Spirit in her life.

Whatever it is, this dream speaks of victory. I know that ASR Martins has written a book, “The Truth About Sicknesses and Diseases” that deals with the possibility of obtaining healing and restoration by applying certain principles in your life. This may be a great help in helping her.

The part of your sister pushing your daughter in the stroller probably speaks of her also being involved in the past by caring for your daughter in some areas during the journey. Did she help you with your daughter during the past 30 years, either physically or spiritually (counseling and exhortation)?

Well as you know by now, if we don’t identify the trigger, this interpretation may be incorrect or only partially correct.

Basie Martins
      Keymaster

Hi Edith, I think you did a good job with this interpretation. I do think my book may be a great help. Anyway, it cannot do any harm if Smidge’s daughter reads it. There may be something in there that she can use if she wants to give it a try.

Basie Martins
      Keymaster

Hi Smidge,

I am sorry to hear about your daughter’s illness. No need to purchase the book if your daughter wants to give it a go. Just let me know and I will send it to you as a gift by email and then you can just forward the book to her.

Smidge
      Participant

Thank you. I believe the trigger is my asking God about His promise about teaching her and great would be her peace from Isaiah.

I got the sense that my sister in law’s name was key. Meaning Christ follower.

Edith Thank so much…you really got the essence of the dream.

She was our worship leader for years. No doubt she is anointed to lead worship.

She lost her Dad at age 7.

She is processing that now.

I would love to have the book to read and pass on to her.

Thank you everyone.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.