Interpretation: Married or divorced?

Home Community Dreams Interpretation Development Forum Interpretation: Married or divorced?

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Edith
      Participant

Hello, a friend of mine had a dream recently: I had a dream my father was showing me a paper in my house in the living room. On the paper, it said married and then wrote divorce on it. Now I am a single girl and not even married but could this be prophetic, is God warning me about something?

Fred
      Participant

Hi Edith,

If you are about to be married, or if you plan to get married, and you doubt whether you should go through with the marriage, especially if you get a bit emotional about it, then this dream could be an emotional restoration dream. In such a case it is not a warning. The dream just exposes or reveals your emotions.

If you are not at all worried or not emotional or not in doubt, then this dream is probably a message from God the Father (the piece of paper that has a similar meaning as a letter or an envelope which represents a message from God) which means that this is a warning not to get married.

Did you pray for a friend or pondered on a friend who is about to get married? Then this dream is probably not about you but about that friend.

Hayley
      Participant

Hello, no actually i havent pondered on a friend. in the dream my father was holding the paper and showing it to me, I am single but I always pray about getting married and finding the right person… so God is warning me not to get married? How come he will give me the desire to get married then?

Hayley
      Participant

What do you mean by not worried at all? like not worried in the dream or in real life. Because before this dream I was seeing signs of divorce everywhere, meeting people who get divorced, seeing divorce stuff on tv social media through people, etc.

Hayley
      Participant

i am not sure what you mean about not being emotional, because the idea of being single and God telling me not to get married does make me emotional so I am not sure what you mean by that can u clarify please

cruzely
      Participant

This dream may not have anything to do with the act of marriage it could also be about your real father or God himself speaking to you about a covenant or agreement. The dream takes place in your house, it speaks of your heart or condition of your soul. Specifically in the living room which speaks of social relationships or social personal situations. The paper he showed you already said MARRIED, but HE wrote DIVORCE, as if you were married and are now getting divorce. Marriage is a covenant or an agreement and divorce is the brakeage of it or simply not honoring it or carrying it out all the way through.
      Maybe this dream is speaking to you about something you promised or agreed to do but are now failing to fulfill and you are getting a reminder.

Hayley
      Participant

Oh so you’re thinking it has nothing to do with marriage but an agreement with God I broke?

cruzely
      Participant

Notice I said it may not. The reason being is because when you dream about marriage it may be also spiritual. We have to look at every detail in the dream and not just what we want to see. Did you give your word to someone about something or promised to do something? Read carefully my first response and pray, the Holy Spirit can lead you to what you want to know.

Hayley
      Participant

May not what? I’m confused so are you saying it has to do with my future prophetically in marriage or not? I’m having trouble understanding.. to be honest no but before you this dream I was seeing signs of divorce everywhere like social media tv, meeting people at work who told me they divorced or meeting a prayer team at church that shred with me they divorced. So that stirred fear in me of “oh this is a sign from god I might be divorced” when I prayed and finally calmed down a little I had thay dream. So that’s why I got so
      Scared thinking oh maybe God is telling me my future marriage will end in divorce which idk doesn’t seem like God to me

cruzely
      Participant

Fears are tricky, sometimes it makes us have the wrong dreams. Are you taking the dream interpretation class? It helps a lot to understand dreams. Pray, trust in god. He only has good things for you.
      And no, I don’t think this is a dream about your future marriage and divorce. God doesn’t work like that in our lives. What would be the point in scaring you like that? He is a loving Father who wants to give you peace and love not anguish and despair.

Hayley
      Participant

Thank you! Your words were so comforting to me. Because the first person said it might be God warning me not to get married.. so I got so scared.

Hayley
      Participant

And I think I’m going to try taking a class bevausw I have so many dreams and when I can’t interpret what God is clearly saying to me I get so frustrated.

cruzely
      Participant

We are on a learning process all, of us. But our God is an awesome God, never forget that. He will always answer your prayers and dissipate your fears. Keep your eyes on Him first of all and in due time He will supply your every need. Don’t go ahead of Him or try to help Him. He is more than capable of making you happy. He LOVES You.

May the Lord guide you always. Blessing.

Basie Martins
      Keymaster

Hi,

I think you nailed it with your interpretation Cruzely. Good interpretation and good advice.

Marina, I think the first person felt that if you got a bit emotional about something in this regard, you perhaps had an emotional restoration dream. Remember that the interpreters do not know the triggers that caused your dream, so they try to identify possible triggers.

Most of the time, dreams are caused by things that bother us (emotional restoration dreams) and I think she meant that if you are planning to get married, maybe the prospect bothered you a bit, or, if it did not bother you, then maybe God does not want you to marry that specific person, which is possible. We pray that God must help us find the right person and that is why He may intervene with a dream.

However, you are not planning to get married right now, so either Cruzely is right about this not about a literal marriage, or, the things about divorces that you saw and experienced just before the dream, might have caused a bit of concern about marriage in your heart and that triggered the dream.

Read a bit more about the triggers that cause dreams at this link: https://www.asrmartins.com/the-golden-key-for-correct-dream-interpretation/

Hayley
      Participant

Yeah I think because I am single and not even talking to someone. It causes me anxiety because it gets me thinking maybe God is trying to tell me not to get married in future because it will end in divorce. I feel like it’s a seed that will always be in back of my head. Or I’ll think I’m with the “ wrong person” in the future. Because it said married then divorce. It’s a hard dream to just
      Forget honestly. I wish I never had it bevausw I can’t discern if it’s really God calling me to life of singleness or enemy trying to ruin my future marriage

Hayley
      Participant

But I do appreciate all your amazing interpretations. You guys are amazing

Basie Martins
      Keymaster

I can assure you, God does not want you to live a life of singleness and nobody will destroy your life in this regard. The meaning of this message or this dream will be clear to you one day.

Hayley
      Participant

Hey everyone! i have another dream interpretation i could really use your help with. i had this dream where there was this guy in my house, I could see what he looked like, and I am pretty sure I was cleaning or about to go grocery shopping, my mom was telling me about the guy to help him or something, all I know is that the guy was in my house. maybe later on I was helping him with laundry or something about to go grocery shopping. i don’t know where he went after. I feel like maybe this is Gods way of telling me to be prepared for my future husband or something, I can be wrong… if I am please advice me. my friends saying that this could be a nightmare because God doesn’t give dreams that are disoriented or all over the place. Gods dreams are usually clear, I don’t really remember the dream too perfectly or all in correct order to be honest, but at the same time I do believe this could be from God… id love your advice on what this dream could mean. maye the lord is telling me to work on cleaning my soul feeding my soul before he sends the right person. like I said if I am wrong, let me know!

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.