A Soldier’s Uniform

Home Community Dreams Interpretation Development Forum A Soldier’s Uniform

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Woodsman
      Participant

Dream

Receiving A Complete Soldier’s Uniform

I was in a school building that was roughly either middle school or high school as an adult and was not a student of the school. Someone gave me a soldier’s uniform but it was incomplete and did not fit well. I went to the school store room and signed in to go into the storeroom to complete my uniform. When I signed in I did not sign my name correctly, I spelled my name very incorrectly as if I wished to hide my identity. A couple of fellows were ahead of me and as I finished signing in my name somebody come up behind me who was wearing a complete uniform or in other words he was a military man and said “follow me Mr (my correct name)”. He went directly into the storeroom to get me the proper clothing to complete the uniform. I could not immediately follow the soldier into the storeroom due to a man ahead of me blocking the doorway briefly. When I did get in, I did not immediately find the soldier but was confident he was somewhere in the storeroom which was perhaps roughly about the size of a gymnasium and was getting the clothes together. When the uniform was complete I was going to show it to someone named Dave Cohen who was bedridden in a room in the school.

Woodsman
      Participant

SYMBOLS LIST

School = speaks of a place of learning. It speaks of the spiritual school of the Holy Spirit and also of the school of life.

Soldier =? believer, spiritual warfare

Soldier uniform (clothing) Clothing symbolizes our spiritual preparation for ministry and/or for life. In this case a “soldiers uniform” may speak of equipping for spiritual warfare particularly.

Store room = (warehouse) symbolizes a large church or congregation. This speaks of a church or a congregation that is able to support many people with their resources. They are usually capable of giving service to many people and even other denominations and churches because of the religious material and the vast resources that they have.

Name – Dave Cohen = The name David means beloved. The name C.o.h.e.n. is the English version of the Hebrew name K.o.h.e.n. which means “priest” in Hebrew

Bed = symbolizes a state of rest or inactivity and even ignorance.

INTERPRETATION

Because I purposely spelled my name incorrectly indicates that I have been unsure of myself and am not bold enough in who I have been spiritually. When the soldier knew my name, recognized my name right away with no hesitation, it indicates that God is *not* unsure of who I am and that he knows me personally. Dave or David is Jewish and the last name Cohen is Jewish also. The Jews were God’s chosen people. I believe this indicates that I have been personally and individually chosen by God and he is equipping me for ministry (the soldier uniform) The name David means beloved. The name C.o.h.e.n. is the English version of the Hebrew name K.o.h.e.n. which means “priest” in Hebrew. Therefore I believe that God is telling me that he sees me as a “beloved priest” A soldier is a man of war and the soldier’s uniform I believe indicates the equipping for spiritual battle. The fact that my uniform was incomplete indicates that there is a need for more equipping and that God wants me to seek it. Right now I am only partially equipped. But the fact that the soldier was getting my stuff together at that moment indicates that God is preparing me and equipping me so as to be ready soon for effective spiritual warfare. I think He may be telling me to press in and persue Him and His Holy Spirit gifts now and not let things or circumstances delay me. It is time to get up off of the bed of spiritual inactivity and get busy equipping for spiritual warfare. The school setting indicates that perhaps I should seek not only Holy Spirit led rhema and logos teaching but be open for Christian based ministry education that has a focus on spiritual warfare

Basie Martins
      Keymaster

Hi Woodsman,

I think your interpretation is spot-on. Well done.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.