General Questions on dream interpretation

Home Community Dreams Interpretation Development Forum General Questions on dream interpretation

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      Basie Martins
      Keymaster

Hi everybody,

Please feel free to ask all sorts of short questions about dreams and visions and interpretation in general. I am sure all our forum participants will be eager and ready to answer all your questions.

Blessings in Christ

Gideon
      Participant

Hi there, thank you so much for making this service available to us. I will certainly make use it.

Blessings

Gideon

Risa8
      Participant

Mr. ASR Martin, is there a way to edit our posting after we posted it?
      If not, is there a way to delete our entire posting, and then we can re-post the fully edited version?

I ask this because I left out an important detail in my post and I wasn’t able to return to edit it or delete it.

Thank you.

Basie Martins
      Keymaster

Hi Risa8, sorry but we are still learning the software. First of all, sorry for not responding to your query earlier.

I have activated the editing feature and you will now be able to edit your content for an hour. After that, you will have to contact ASR Martins or one of the Moderators, Sarah or David to help you with it.

Blessings

Adri
      Participant

Absolutely! We are all the same and God deals with us in the same way. Even with dreams and visions. I believe that we have very similar and even identical dreams when we struggle with the same issues. Tell me about your experience (the one that you suggested in your question)

Adri
      Participant

Very interesting, you should register this for interpretation. Remember new dreams or visions should be registered by creating a new topic. This is the only way that all the tags and all the data regarding that dream or vision can be registered on the system. Replies are registered but not the data in the replies.

David

Hi Fully Restored, can you please register this question as a new topic. All dream interpretations and all questions must be registered as new topics at all times. Replies only to be completed when you reply to a question or when you interpret a dream or vision for someone.

Thanks

David (Moderator)

Risa8
      Participant

Thank you ASR Martin.  Being able to edit for an hour after posting is plenty of time.

cruzely
      Participant

What happens when I can not find a symbol in the dictionary? I have been looking for the meaning of a balcony with 3 arches, on a third floor, and I don’t know where to find it.

Sarah

Hi Cruzely,

First, you check in the index of the dictionary if the symbol is there.

If not there, check the one-word symbol in the search (find) function of the document.

If no results, ask for the meanings of the symbol on the Dream Interpretation Community Forum.

Take note that the dream dictionary is updated once a year. When more symbols are added and the new update is released, everybody is notified so that they can download the latest (new) version of the dictionary.

Blessings

Sarah (Moderator)

Sparkle
      Participant

What is the meaning of Oxygen?

Basie Martins
      Keymaster

Hi Sparkle,

The meaning of oxygen is closely related to the meaning of “lungs”. In a natural sense, we need oxygen to live. Our hearts pump blood to the brain and other organs and all tissues and cells of the body. In the process, it delivers oxygen to the brain and all organs and cells of the body. Without oxygen, we die. Oxygen comes from God. So in a spiritual sense, in dreams in visions, oxygen comes from God too. In a sense, oxygen IS God.

In a negative sense, oxygen can symbolize a false counterfeit. In such cases, oxygen (false oxygen) can be from the devil.

Read the meaning of lungs below and check whether other symbols in the dream or vision that you had or you want to interpret, shed more light on the meaning of the ream or vison:

Lungs in dreams and visions symbolize a person with an attitude of praising God and expressing thanksgiving toward God with all he has. Lungs speak of life. It contains life and that also means perpetual life as we keep on breathing in Christ. Christ is life.

In a negative sense, the lung can breathe out poisonous gas which is an attitude of hatred and jealousy.

Also, according to The Message Bible, in Ephesians 2:2, we can fill our lungs with polluted unbelief, and then exhale disobedience. For instance, breathing out dark smoke speaks of unbelief and disobedience, and depression.

In another sense, people who are terminally ill may experience a time of negativity or hopelessness leading to an atmosphere of unbelief or depression. To them, it feels like they reached the end. They sometimes expect to die at any moment. In a dream, this is symbolized by them exhaling a dark smoke that fills the room and causing it to get dark. It speaks of a person who feels a bit concerned about their chances to make it through the ordeal.

Usually, this is a call for praise and worship. God wants us to trust in Him for healing and if we do, our healing is guaranteed. He does not want us to sink into a pit of depression when we face dire circumstances. He wants us to believe in Him and his word and He wants us to trust him. There is nothing better than praise, worship, prayer, and meditating on the word of God in times like this.

Always remember to take the difference in meanings into consideration in terms of whether it is the left or right body part that you dreamed of. See “Directions and Locations (movement or location) in dreams and visions (Human body parts)”

Sparkle
      Participant

Thanks so much for the understanding. Makes sense

Sparkle
      Participant

I still have the dictionary of 2016 which I had years ago when I started. How do I get the latest dictionary?

Sparkle
      Participant

Correction. the edition is 2019. Is there a newer one? and how do I get it?

Risa8
      Participant

Me too! I purchased a version so many years ago. How may we update our dream dictionary?

Basie Martins
      Keymaster

Hi Sparkle/Risa8,
      I will send you the latest version of the dictionary asap.
      Please take note that the next update will be ready by 20 December 2022. I am updating it at the moment and will finalize it in the next few weeks.
      Basie Martins

Woodsman
      Participant

I am part way through the Dream interpretation course and so don’t know if this question will be addressed later in the course. But I will go ahead and ask here since it would be good to stimulate some forum activity anyway.

How does a dreamer know when a dream is about them personally or is actually about another person who is in the dream?

Sarah

Hi Woodsman,

Correct, you will cover this in the course. In the meantime, read the information at this link. It will help you understand this aspect of dream interpretation: https://www.asrmartins.com/want-help-interpreting-your-dream/

Sparkle
      Participant

Question: When someone watched a movie, then dreams about that exact movie they dismiss it because they know they dreamed it only because they watched that movie. What is the reason for this? Is God telling them something through the movie, or is this just a memory replay? I want to reply to this correctly.

Basie Martins
      Keymaster

Hi Sparkle,

Most of the time, movies trigger emotions. Usually, something about a movie stirs us deep inside and that triggers dreams. This is why this type of dream is almost always an emotional restoration dream. There are exceptions, like when a movie or incidents in a movie causes us to ask questions, even subconsciously, and God may answer us through a dream.

Sparkle
      Participant

Thanks. I am putting that under the symbol definition (on my computer) of “Replaying a movie”, and “movie”.

Twinkletoez7
      Participant

Any insight?

I’m pregnant with our first (and most likely only child- our desire was only one even before years of infertility and how hard this pregnancy has been) we both always knew we would have a daughter and knew that I knew it was a girl before we found out the gender. We found a few months via ultrasound it showed boy and 2 ultrasound since also said boy… however I’m still not convinced months later.

I’ve recently been praying for dreams and visions (as well as for God to line my desires up with his plan) and all I can see is a girl when picturing a baby… then I have had a dream where I was in fact pregnant with a daughter where I could “see through” my stomach. And then in a separate dream recently where I had a daughter and I was telling him, I told you God told me it was a girl…

I know God has a plan for this baby but it’s really messing with my head, any insight?

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.