Rope Ladders

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Woodsman
      Participant

ROPE LADDERS

I was in an open floored area like a gym or warehouse with a bunch of what was perhaps students. I myself was just watching. Everybody was instructed to make rope ladders though they were not shown how. Then they were supposed to demonstrate their ladders by trying them out. A young lady wearing a skirt was the only one trying hers out at the time. She climbed up and I was worried about her exposure in a skirt. When she was at the top, she took off her skirt and I thought maybe she was wearing something similar to boxer briefs underneath but it turned out to be a smaller tighter skirt. She then put back on her original skirt but higher up. Almost everybody is gone now and I am trying to hang her ladder back up in such a way that I could try it out for myself but I could not find any place sufficient to hang the ladder so that I could try climbing it. I hung it in one spot but the rung cross pieces portion of the rope ladder was still all on the floor.

Woodsman
      Participant

SYMBOLS LIST

Gymnasium type room? = exercising spiritually to build and tone spiritual muscles.

ladder = speaks of spiritual activities in a ministry or work-related situation which leads to promotion. However, a ladder indicates that this will be a result of our own efforts and it will be a slow or a gradual ascent. A ladder is difficult to climb, not like stairs.

Making ladders without instruction = man trying to grow spiritually on their own without guidance from above or through others.

Woman = the church or a congregation

Women’s nice clothing = spiritual preparation for ministry and/or for life.

The rearanging of the clothes = rearranging one’s life or how the church does things so as to be ready for more efficient spiritual growth.

Me trying the ladder and failing = God showing me that what others are doing may not work for me.

INTERPRETATION

Our local church body is honestly trying to grow spiritually and are making headway and even preparing for greater spiritual growth but it is still too slow for what God wants for me. That method will not work for me. I need to look for a faster and more efficient way of growing spiritually.

PRACTICAL APPLICATION

It appears that God is reaffirming that He wants me to seek instruction on the things of the Spirit in order to maximize spiritual growth more efficiently

Basie Martins
      Keymaster

Hi Woodsman,

Your interpretation is spot-on. Well done. The Holy Spirit wants to teach and lead you and He wants you to practice so that you can advance spiritually. We value our earthly teachers but like Paul, who boasted that he was taught by God Himself, so we must be taught by the Holy Spirit.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.