Pastor dream.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      jennifer195
      Participant

I had this strange dream and I saw this pastor and he saw me across the room and said he wanted to share something to about me so we sat down he looked at his hands and the lines on his hands and he looked at my hands and lines and he said something like you’re not gonna get married I don’t remember words clearly but I remember that’s what he said . I believe he looked at my left hands too to read it, I woke up really sad and it’s like even as if we saying this stuff I felt like I knew the pastor was gonna tell
      Me this in the dream. It was weird because I desire to get married… can you explain dream please. What can I do regarding this dream

Basie Martins
      Keymaster

Hi Jennifer, can you please describe the pastor’s clothes (colors) and whether he was white or black or any other color?

jennifer195
      Participant

Hey I don’t remember that clearly. But I feel like maybe he was wearing a blast patrol dress w the white thing around their neck. But I can be wrong I just know he was a pastor and he called me from far and then we sat down and he started reading my palm & stuff. Maybe my dream was in grey like I don’t remember any vivid colors if this helps

jennifer195
      Participant

And maybe the pastor was tan? I felt that he was… I can be wrong honestly because the dream happened fast

jennifer195
      Participant

Hello? Can anyone help with interpretation please?

Basie Martins
      Keymaster

Hi Jennifer, sorry I was caught up in setting up an online Bible School. It is quite a lot of work.

My opinion is that this dream is an emotional restoration dream. God will never expect anyone not to marry. That is Old Testament stuff. Of course, it is good if someone wants to stay unmarried to work for the Lord (as Paul mentioned in one of his letters), but, this is completely voluntary. It is up to you whether you want to get married or not.

If you want to get married, you will. If you want to get married, ask God for a good husband and be patient. Do not act in haste. You just patiently and obediently trust in God and He will give you a good husband.

There are definitely symbols in the dream that makes it obvious that this thing (whether you are going to marry or not) is being exploited by the devil. He knows it is important to you and he knows that you are upset and completely unsure and in the dark when it comes to this aspect. The reading of the palm (hand) is not Biblical. This reveals the fact that the devil wants you to think that it is your destiny not to be married. The dream did not come from the devil. He cannot give us dreams but he surely can cause emotional restoration dreams indirectly. It is explained in this post: Can Satan Deceive Us Through Dreams And Visions?

The fact that it is a pastor in the dream that gives you the message, reveals the fact that you expect or are scared that a man of God will inform you of the bad news that you are not supposed to get married as if God expects it from you. This is an emotional restoration dream and therefore it reveals your fears.

Believe me when I say this to you: God does not expect you not to get married. You are going to get married because you want to, and because you want to, God will give it to you. He gives us the desires of our hearts. When a person wants to devote all his or her time to the work of God, they do not want to get married. They don’t even think of this aspect at all.

You must put this thing to bed now. Stop believing the lies of the devil and accept the fact that nothing can prevent you from getting married because of two reasons: First, you want to and second, you have a God who gives you the desires of your heart.

jennifer195
      Participant

Thank you so much. I appreciate your wisdom and your help. God bless you in bible school!

Basie Martins
      Keymaster

Thank you so much, Jennifer,

I once had a similar incident many years ago and it also caused a lot of emotional turmoil in my life. A lady who claimed that she was a prophetess prophesied over me that I was going to marry a specific lady who I had no feelings for. I simply did not love that woman. I did not even like her. I was so upset with God for expecting me to marry that woman. I was already in love with another woman (I am still happily married to her today). I just refused to marry the other woman but I felt so guilty and at the same time so disappointed in God for expecting me to marry the other woman. After a few years, another prophet of God convinced me that the prophecy that this prophetess gave me was false (I am so glad that I did not listen to that woman). After I accepted this fact I finally experienced peace in my heart about this incident and it never bothered me again.

There are a lot of false prophecies going out regarding marriage. We must be very careful when it comes to teachings and prophecies about marriage. We must marry the person that we have feelings for. We must marry a person because we are in love with that person. We must marry when we want to be married. It is as simple as this. This is God’s will for all of us.

Very few people are like Paul in this regard. Paul chose not to get married because he wanted to devote his life to the gospel of Christ. Yes, there were others as well but that is not the norm (in fact it is extremely rare) and definitely not something that God expected from those people. That was always a very strong desire in the hearts of those people and definitely not a problem for them.

Our new online Bible College: Revealed Word Bible College

jennifer195
      Participant

Wow your story was so comforting I definitely need to hear that. I went through a similar experience with my ex boyfriend who was a good guy and a believer but in the end he shared how he had feelings for his past girlfriend but still wanted to be with me. He even said the devil is telling him I’m not good enough for him but still wanted to be with me. I didn’t feel peace in my heart and when I broke up with him I kept thinking I missed my chance and I’ll never get married. But the Lord over the years has given me peace and showed me marriage should be mutual with two people who love each other. I pray God gives me wisdom to know who is a fade prophet and who is not. Also I’m really glad you’re still married to the woman you love! It’s very comforting to know that God is a good abs provides

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.