Email Debate: Generational Curses Part 1
Third message from Jana Womack:
I see what you are trying to say, I am not in disagreement. I think you are missing what I am saying. However, I do see a few things that I think we should discuss further. Please take a look at this and let me know what you think.
We do not inherit Adams sin, we inherit his nature. Correct? If you disagree, please explain.
But, it does not stop there! More potential corruption of that nature can be added and even continue through the bloodline to next generations (physical and social-whether good or bad). We can see this obvious passing along of “likeness” through Physical Heredity, but even Social Heredity “tendencies” are included (**if they submit to those social tendencies of the flesh, it becomes sin by which they are then held accountable).
The righteous who walks in his integrity— blessed are his children after him!
1 Kings 15:3
And he walked in all the sins that his father did before him, and his heart was not wholly true to the Lord his God, as the heart of David his father.
This scripture in King’s is an example of someone who received the tendencies of his father and submitted to them. Therefore, sinning.
2 kings 14:6 tells us that each one shall die for his “own” sin. The tendency (likeness of his father) is not the sin, but, the submission to the tendency becomes sin.
Correct? If you disagree, please explain.
Ever hear “like father, like son?” This falls in perfect alignment with what Jesus shows/tells us, as Jesus is the perfect example of “like father, like son!!” You see, we are currently in the likeness of our fleshly fathers/mothers (stemming from Adam), but when we become children of God, our new inheritance results in new incorruptible bodies and everlasting life to come! Romans 8:14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
Correct? If you disagree, please explain.
Our flesh is constantly trying to convince our soul to submit to its desires. Some or many of the desires of our flesh can be the result of the tendencies passed down through generations (this is scientifically proven as well as biblical as shown in 1 Kings noted above). Some tendencies are even created through our own life’s experiences, traumas, etc. It is only when one submits to these tendencies/desires of the flesh, that it “opens the door” to that area of the persons life and lets an unclean spirit in.
1 Peter 2:11 says Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul.
For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.
Correct? If you disagree, please explain.
Jesus says to us, I am knocking at the door, if you let me in, I will enter in and sup with you. (Rev 3:20)
Each area of our life is like a house in a city. There are many doors. Jesus is offering to bring his kingdom into your city! He wants to repair, restore and buildup those houses! He wants to fill them with his spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control). He wants to make beautiful mansions of these houses (areas of your life)!
He stands at the door of every aspect of our life, so that if we open it to him, he comes in and restores us! This also means that he eradicates whatever unclean spirits that may have lived there before him. Yes, I am a firm believer that he does it all for us (God revealed to my in my sleep last night). We do not need to cast out or speak directly to the unclean spirits. All we need to do is give the authority to Christ to own the dwelling of that house and he does the cleaning for us. I am speaking for those of us who have received Christ as our God.
But, keep in mind:
For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.
Why is this?…
“The ACTS of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like.” (Galatians 5:19-21)
This scripture in Galatians is telling us that “to act” on the sinful nature’s desire results in these obvious SINS (opening the door to that area in your life to unclean spirits). These sins lead us into imprisonment. Attached to each of them results in consequence (s). I call some of these consequences strongholds, as we know that to sin means that we give legal right and authority to someone that is not God, to rule that area of your life (they own it in the measure given to them!). We see the obvious as resulting in things like depression, fear, financial struggle, addictions, etc., which all have a grip on our life in some way. You see, there is more than one who is knocking at each door. Who is it that you will answer to? Keep in mind… choose this day whom you will serve, for you can only choose one master. Who is the master living in each of the MANY houses (areas of your life) in your city (soul)?
Unclean spirits seek to destroy your houses while God seeks to rebuild them stronger and fill them with the riches of God!!
Be not envious of evil men, nor desire to be with them, for their hearts devise violence, and their lips talk of trouble. By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches. A wise man is full of strength, and a man of knowledge enhances his might
That according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts (soul) through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Third reply from ASR Martins:
The most wonderful thing happened one glorious day when the nation of Israel were waiting for their Messiah. When Christ finally came He made a wonderful announcement. A new thing never heard before was going to happen very soon. This thing was a marvelous thing. Something was going to be created that never walked this earth before. This thing will be a firsts. This thing was a living creature who is different from all other living creatures ever created.
It was called a new creation because it was born from the Spirit of God. It is a new birth and because it never existed before, Nicodemus for one was very intrigued about this new birth or new creation (DNA is very important when a new birth is about to take place – Whose DNA will this new baby inherit?)
The Bible says this new creature (According to 1 John 3 will be born of the Spirit, something that never happened before. Christ was the first born, the first new creation and the first of many “brothers that will soon follow”). Mary Magdalene who waited for Jesus near the tomb in the garden was probably the first “brother” added to this new family who had God the father as their “Dad”, the Holy Spirit as their “Mother” and Christ as a “Brother”.
How did this creature differ from previous or Old Testament people like Adam or even the people of today who are not yet born of the Spirit (unsaved people)?
1 Corinthians 15:44-50
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
What does this Scripture really say?
1. Old Testament people (and unsaved people) are natural and have a natural body. Those born of God are spiritual and have spiritual bodies.
2. Old Testament peoples (and unsaved people) are souls. Those born of God are spirits.
3. Old Testament people (and unsaved people) are born of dust. Those born of God are born of water and of the Spirit.
4. Old Testament people (and unsaved people) are from the earth. Those born of God are from heaven.
5. Earthly people (and unsaved people) are like Adam. Those born of God are like the heavenly. We are like Christ.
6. Old Testament people bare the image of Adam. Those born of God are the image of Christ.
7. Earthly people are flesh and blood and can therefore not inherit the kingdom of God. Those born of God are spirit and therefore they are joint-heirs of the kingdom of God with Christ.
8. Remember these very important truths: The Old Testament people (Israel) were “servants” of God, we are “sons” and “kings” of God. God lived “among” the Israelites or in their “midst”. God lives “in” the church and “in” every believer individually. Israel was the “people” or “nation” of God. The church is the “bride” and the “wife” of God. Although it appears that Israel was also the wife of God, the nation of Israel was only a type of the real bride to come which is the church. Why? Because God could not really betroth Israel. A living creature can only betroth another living creature of the same kind. Only those born of God or born of the Spirit of God, is the same kind as God. The new creatures made up a new type of family.
The church or the body of Christ is really a magnificent living creature. Like God, there is literally no other creature like the church. It is the only living creature that is one yet consists of many members. It is the only creature where each member thereof have a personal relationship with God and with her Bridegroom, yet this phenomenal creature stand before Him as one “person” or as one bride. Only the church is the bride of Christ. When Israel becomes a Christian nation they will become part of the church. It will not be the other way round. Although the natural nation of Israel does exist, the church is in fact the true spiritual Israel or the real Israel of God.
It is very clear that Christians are very different from Old Testament people and unsaved people. That is why Nicodemus asked all those questions. He wanted to get clarity about this wonderful new species called the sons of God or the children of God.
Right through the Old Testament the Spirit of God could not go into people but just upon them. This was because man was not made or constructed to contain this wonderful being called the Holy Spirit inside of them yet. It was in fact impossible for the Spirit of God to dwell inside man because of this reason. After Jesus’ death and resurrection, he made this wonderful experience possible. That is why He, with His first appearance to His disciples, gave them the privilege to receive and to have the Spirit inside of them:
21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost.
This was a major thing. This was the fulfillment of an Old Testament prophecy written not only in the book of Joel. It was also a promise the Father made to Jesus Christ a long time ago. New Testament Scriptures affirmed what God promised in the Old Testament:
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.
This prophecy was fulfilled on the day of Pentecost. On that day mankind received the Spirit of God in its fullness. This was also prophesied by John the baptist when he said that the Lamb of God will baptize us with the Holy Spirit and with fire. It was also prophesied by Jesus Himself as recorded in Acts 1:8 when He said, ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth:
1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
With this final equipping of mankind with the Holy Spirit, God empowered His sons to do His work. This made God’s sons able to do what Adam and Eve failed to do. Remember, only God’s children are able to receive the Holy Spirit.
The amazing thing is, this new creature is a spirit (Is a spirit, has a soul and lives in a body), God is their Father and they do not have a natural lineage back to Adam anymore. It is therefore not Jana, the daughter or “son” (all Christians are in fact sons and not daughters) of (whatever your earthly lineage is) but in fact just Jana, the “son” of God. Old Testament people and unsaved people are however a different story. They still have a natural or fleshly lineage – Jerome Preller, the son of Gustave and Mary Preller and so forth all the way back to Adam.
Because this new creature is a spirit and not flesh like unsaved people, they are governed by the spirit and not the flesh. The spirit overrides the flesh. That is why Christians are inherent like their Father (God). We are not like our earthly fathers. Yes we still have the Adamic nature of Adam but just in our souls where we can control it by renewing our minds and pursue holiness. It is therefore a matter of faith and obedience and we can easily overcome the Adamic nature. We have the DNA of God in our spirits where it matters because we are spirits. We are not flesh.
2 Peter 1.4
He hath given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the Divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.
1 Corinthians 2:16
For who has known the mind of the Lord that they may instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ.
Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other. For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want.
1. THE OLD NATURE
Every child born by human generation has the old nature, which in the New Testament is sometimes called the “old self”; it is also described as “the sinful nature” – look up Romans 6:6; 7:18; 8:8; Ephesians 4:22; Colossians 3:9.
1. The old nature is Adam’s nature. God created Adam with a sinless nature. Then sin entered, and Adam fell and became spiritually dead and in bondage to Satan. The result? – look up Romans 5:12.
2. The old nature, therefore, is an inherited nature. We receive our nature from our parents, who received theirs from their parents …so there is our family tree! Not one of us should be proud of our ancestry – compare John 3:6 with Psalm 51:5(a).
3. The old nature is a fallen nature. God says this – look up Genesis 1:26-27; 2:16-17; 3:12-24, and compare Ecclesiastes 7:20; Isaiah 53:6; Romans 3:10,23.
4. The old nature is wholly corrupt and evil. Look up Genesis 6:5, 11-12, and compare Isaiah 1:5-6 with Jeremiah 17:9; Mark 7:21-23. See how the “old self” is described in Ephesians 4:22.
5. The old nature is weak and frail. It is marked by infirmity, sorrow, weakness, sickness and death – look up Job 10:20; 14:1-2; Psalm 90:9-10; Isaiah 40:6-8.
6. The old nature is unchangeable. We can do nothing to improve or change it; it can be educated or dressed up, but it is still evil and corrupt – look up Job 14:4, and compare Jeremiah 13:23.
7. The old nature is condemned by God. God has pronounced the death sentence against our inherited evil nature – Romans 8:3.
2. THE NEW NATURE
The moment we believe on the Lord Jesus Christ we are born again and we receive a new nature. What is this nature like?
1. The new nature is an entirely new nature. It is not the old nature improved or patched up – look up 2 Corinthians 5:17.
2. The new nature is the divine nature. It is the very nature of God Himself – look up and compare John 1:12-13 (notice the last three words) with 2 Peter 1:3-4. This new nature within is the very life of the risen Lord who is upon the throne of God, and this life is imparted to us by the Holy Spirit.
3. The new nature is a spiritual nature. Compare John 3:6 with 1 Corinthians 15:45-50.
4. The new nature is absolutely holy. This must be so if it is the divine nature.
5. The new nature cannot sin. What does 1 John 5:18 mean? It means: first, that one who is born again does not habitually sin; it also means that that which is born of God cannot sin – compare 1 John 3:9. Why do Christians sin, then? Because of the old nature! (But we control the old nature by means of the new nature and that is why we overcome)
3. THE CO-EXISTENCE OF THE OLD AND THE NEW NATURES
1. Both natures co-exist in every believer. Within every Christian is “the old man” and “the new man”. The Bible does not teach, nor is it possible for anyone to experience, the eradication of the old nature. The old Adamic nature will be in us until the Lord comes and bestows upon us a body corresponding to our new nature (Philippians 3:20-21).
2. Both natures are in constant opposition. Compare Romans 7:19-24 with Galatians 5:17.
3. Both natures produce an entirely different kind of fruit. Look up Galatians 5:19-22, and notice “the acts of the sinful nature” (verse 19), and “the fruit of the Spirit” (verse 22).
4. Both natures must be differently treated. Here is the way of victory over the old nature!:-
1. The old nature must be starved; the new nature must be fed. Look up Romans 13:14. Read an evil book and you feed the old nature; read God’s Word and you feed the new nature. (It is about what you choose to do and not about how your earthly lineage influence you. It is about deciding how to live)
2. The old nature must be “put off”; the new nature must be “put on”. Look up and compare Ephesians 4:22-24 – “put off” (verse 22), “put on” (verse 24); Colossians 3:8-10 – “put off” (verse 8), and “put on” (verse 10).
3. The old nature must be counted as dead; the new nature as alive. Look up Romans 6:11, and compare Galatians 2:20. When Jesus died, in the purpose and estimate of God He put to death our old nature. Is our old nature, then, actually dead? No – but we are to reckon it so and treat “the old man” as dead and buried! In Romans 7:24-25 the writer cries out in despair, “Who will rescue me?” and he answers his own question, “Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!” Now look up and dwell deeply upon Romans 8:12-13.
The new is what we are. The old is about what we were. Behaving as if we are still both is rejecting the deliverance of Christ through the cross and through his blood.
We are from God. We are not from this earth. We are ambassadors of God and these people here on earth (unsaved people) are nothing like us, even our natural family (parents and grand parents and so forth) are actually not our family anymore (if they are not saved) because we are totally different types of creatures.
Please read this because it will set you free. I also was set free because of the truth.
I will answer your questions in another email.
Blessings in Christ
Email Debate: Generational Curses Part 3
All local resources on this website are free of charge. Please help us by sharing it with your friends through the social networks. Social network sharing buttons available at the bottom of all pages